Legal Help and Advice
The General Legal Advice Clinic provides free and confidential help and advice on a range of general legal issues, for example we have recently advised on;
- Can I leave my tenancy early?
- How do I get my tenancy deposit back?
- My employer has not paid me, what can I do?
- Can my employer make me come into work on bank holidays?
- How do I make a claim in the county court?
- Can I cancel my mobile phone contract?
- What are the grounds for divorce?
- How do I apply for contact with my children?
- What do I have to do after someone dies?
- I want to appeal a benefit decision, what do I do?
Our student advisors will explore your issue and then, guided by qualified staff, are able to provide on-the-day general information or advice to help you to move your issue forward.
If your enquiry is more complex, we may need to carry out more legal research before providing you with advice; either at a further meeting or by letter, whichever you prefer.
If we are unable to help, we will put you in touch with someone who can.